Release of Liability
This Release and Waiver of Liability (the “release”) releases Meet the Mountains Festival organizers, Northeast Tennessee Regional Economic Partnership, and each of its directors, officers, employees, agents, partnering organizations, and sponsors ("Meet the Mountains Festival"). The Volunteer desires to provide volunteer services for Meet the Mountains Festival and engage in activities related to serving as a volunteer. Volunteer understands that the scope of Volunteer’s relationship with Meet the Mountains Festival is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for services provided by Volunteer; that Meet the Mountains Festival will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to Volunteer; and that Volunteer is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of Volunteer’s services at Meet the Mountains Festival.
1. Waiver and Release: I, the Volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless Meet the Mountains Festival and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the services I provide to Meet the Mountains Festival. I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges Meet the Mountains Festival from any liability or claim that I may have against Meet the Mountains Festival with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services I provide to Meet the Mountains Festival or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
2. Insurance: Further I understand that Meet the Mountains Festival does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability benefits or insurance. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of Meet the Mountains Festival beyond what may be offered freely by Meet the Mountains Festival in the event of injury or medical expenses incurred by me.
3. Medical Treatment: I hereby Release and forever discharge Meet the Mountains Festival from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with Meet the Mountains Festival.
4. Assumption of Risk: I understand that the services I provide to Meet the Mountains Festival may include activities that may be hazardous to me including, but not limited to lifting, carrying heavy items, sun and heat exposure, loud music, and other inherently dangerous activities. As a volunteer, I hereby expressly assume risk of injury or harm from these activities and Release Meet the Mountains Festival from all liability.
5. Photographic Release: I grant and convey to Meet the Mountains Festival all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by Meet the Mountains Festival in connection with my providing volunteer services to Meet the Mountains Festival.
6. Other: As a volunteer, I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as
permitted by the laws of the State of Tennessee and that this Release shall be governed by and
interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee. I agree that in the event that
any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining
provisions of this Release shall not be affected.
I am at least 18 years of age and I Agree to the statements above
I am under 18 yeas of age